Author Topic: Stupid lawsuit of the year candidate  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Stupid lawsuit of the year candidate
« on: January 08, 2004, 05:45:31 PM »
I heard about this lawsuit this morning on 620 as I was driving to work. All I can say is wow.

It seems that someone from West Allis filed a lawsuit against Time Warner saying cable made his family lazy and fat. He said he cancelled his subscription but they didn't disconnect the cable, something everyone gets upset about. He took the TV to the basement but his wife brought it back up. He claims that, because of cable TV, his whole family has become lazy and fat.

If that isn't good enough, how about asking for this for a settlement? Of course, his first option is money. His second option that he asked for was a free subscription to Roadrunner (for those not familiar with Time Warner, that's their name for their high speed internet service). Of course, because having high speed internet access is going to do so much to get your family out the door and back in shape.

Offline Rachel

• Utica Boilermaker 15k - Woohoo!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 07:06:21 PM »
That's worse than the guy that was going to sue McDonalds for making him fat.

Offline Bart

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 04:47:05 PM »
At least his wife wasn't too lazy to bring the tv back upstairs.  It might have been easier to run the cable down to the basement.
http://runbart.blogspot.com/
Napa Valley Marathon - 3:06:39

Tags: