Author Topic: Tyrone  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Tyrone

Tyrone
« on: November 14, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »
My name is Tyrone.  I am 18, a fairly new runner, 1 year 6 months.  I have been a student of running, learing everything I can whenever I can, ever since I decided, after my first Cross country season, I wanted to be the fastest!

PRs
5k -17:45 (this cc season) 21:55 (first cc season/last cc season)
3200 - 11:26 (track last year)
1600 - 5:10          "
800 - 2:18            "

Im running about 40mpw right now trying to build up to 60 or 65 this winter.

I really am not interested in much besides running.. unhealthy?.. well maybe, but i have a one track mind... My ultimate goal is a world record, not sure what race yet.  I am leaning toward 5k - 10k, but i will really know after this track season, I hope.

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Welcome Tyrone
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 09:15:58 PM »
I hope you find the site useful. Those are some quite aggressive goals you have. I hope you won't be disappointed if you don't get to them. I like aggressive goals, though. The cool thing about going after huge goals is, even if you fall short, you still accomplish a lot.

OK, I said maybe we would introduce ourselves so I better. I happen to be the one to blame for this little corner of the web. I'm 26, I've been running for almost 14 years and have been very lucky to have some of the best coaches one could ask for. My PRs are 15:43 in the 5k, 32:48 in the 10k, 1:12 in the half marathon, and 2:45 in the marathon. My ultimate goal is to run in the Olympic Trials in the marathon in 2008. After I accomplish that, we'll see what's next.

Offline Tyrone

Tyrone
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 11:08:06 PM »
Maybe I will see you at the 2008 Olympics, or maybe you will read about me in the newspaper, College Great breaks record...

Yes.. I am confident.. I don't want to sound bad though, for some reason people dont like people who set there goals high, and don't think they can't hit them..and even overshoot them!

But that is how a person has to be, or else you're not, at least as often, going to hit your goal.  Ever heard running is 90% mental?.. I agree.. even though race performance might not be 90% mental, overall.... it definatly is a lot mental.. keeping positive, sustaining the love for the sport ect ect!

I love running...

Offline Tyrone

Tyrone
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 11:08:33 PM »
^

That guy is a nut.. .. Screwball!

Offline JCWrs

Allow me to introduce myself
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 06:33:48 PM »
The new forum has inspired me to stop lurking and actually post on this site so I suppose you should all know who you're dealing with.  My name is Alex, I am 21, male, and I have been running off and on for about 3 years now.  I'm really trying to get serious now that my wrestling career is over and I've gotten my mileage back over 40 miles a week.  I'm hoping to push that up as high as I can get it and ultimately my goal is to be a decently competitive runner in the half-marathon/marathon range.  My PR's are 5K 19:33, 5 miles 34:00, 10K 44:07 (I know, I know its so soft), and half-marathon 1:31:35.  Maybe I'm slower then most in this forum, but I hope to change that.  Hope all of you are enjoying success in your training and racing and I can't wait to hear all about it.
I'm just a wrestler with a running problem.

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Welcome Alex
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 09:48:53 PM »
I'm glad you came out of lurking. Always nice to see new people around here. Don't worry about your pace, I would hope that everyone here is welcoming of all levels of runners as long as you have the common interest of running with the rest of us.

Tyrone, I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. It's just that a lot of people can say they plan on breaking the world record but very few do. Like I stated, I like big goals but I hope you don't feel bad if you do fall short of that goal. When you set big goals, sometimes you will fall short. That's part of life. The key is to come back from what may seem like a failure, realize what you've accomplished along the way, and get back on track to becoming the best you can be, whatever that may be.

Offline Tyrone

Tyrone
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 02:59:28 PM »
I didn't take it the wrong way, i'm just letting you know I don't even give it a second thought as to weither or not it will happen.  The people who actually make it, are the ones who think the least negatively and work most consistently, and love every minute of it all.

Tags: