Author Topic: Help me help you help us all  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Help me help you help us all
« on: June 26, 2005, 10:04:30 AM »
Did you get all of that? I hope so.

OK, here's the deal. I want to make Hillrunner.com the best website for all runners that I can given my limited time and resources. In order to do better, though, I have to find ways to make my limited time and resources less limited. This is where I am asking for your help.

First, the time issue. Obviously, with the serious training I've been getting in recently along with recent life changes, my time to work on the site has become more limited. However, while this site will always have my fingerprint on it, there is no reason that everything on it has to be directly from me. If you would like to offer content to be published on Hillrunner.com, please share it with me. I can't guarantee I will use everything but I can guarantee I will consider everything. Most of all, I would be very appreciative of articles about topics I don't know much about, such as sprinting or nutrition topics that go beyond the basics.

Second, the resources issue. What this basically boils down to is money. How much are you taking advantage of the site's advertisers and how many commissions am I getting from them? Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of good news to report on this front. The ads have not been performing well recently. On this front, I'd like to request some suggestions. What can I do to make these ads more useful to you? In short, what can I do that would help direct you to what you would need, which will also help you help me by increasing the resources I have to work with?

As I have said before, this site is as much yours as it is mine. Yes, I own the site and the content on it, outside of the forums, is from me. However, without you, this site is nothing. I build this site for you and, while I have certain sections that I do because of my personal interest, you have helped me form this site into what I have observed to be what you want. I want to continue that and hope you will help me do so.

Tags: