Author Topic: Removal of some ads from Hillrunner.com  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Removal of some ads from Hillrunner.com
« on: August 13, 2005, 08:04:13 PM »
The regulars at Hillrunner.com have probably noticed a relatively significant change in the look of the site. Those ads on the top left corner of every page have disappeared. This was not an accident, it was done for a reason.

Personally, I have not made it a secret that I have never really cared for ads on Hillrunner.com. However, they are how I pay the bills. Those ads in the top left corner were there for one simple reason, they performed well. They went a large way in paying for the expenses of this site. Unfortunately, their performance recently has been beyond poor. Seeing this lack of performance, I made the decision that the unattractive ads are no longer worth it.

While these ads have been removed, please remember that ads on Hillrunner.com, all still available in the Running Store, are how the bills are paid. Every time you purchase something from most of the advertisers through the links from Hillrunner.com, a portion comes back to Hillrunner.com, where it will be used to make the site better for you. The Google ads pay differently but the advertising agreement I signed prevents me from getting into details.

As always, I appreciate your support. Let's keep working together to create a bigger and better Hillrunner.com.

Tags: