Author Topic: Daylight savings reminder  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Daylight savings reminder
« on: November 07, 2005, 02:44:27 PM »
Wow, it even took me over a week to notice this even though I knew it was coming. Well, now that I have noticed, I can bring it to your attention.

As has always been the case, the times given on these forums are driven off of GMT. Because GMT does not change due to daylight savings, the times on these forums also do not change. That means we have to change our times manually.

If the times look like they are off by an hour to you (to easily check this, go to the forum index and look on the left side of the page just above the list of forums where it will tell you what the current time is) then click on the "Profile" link which you can find near the top of any page in the forums. Near the bottom of the third section, Preferences, you will find a timezone field. Using this field, you can adjust your time as necessary.

I'm trying to see if there is anything available to automatically adjust your times for daylight savings if you choose to do so. Until I find that, unfortunately, we have to adjust our times manually.

Note: This only applies to registered users when they are logged on. If you are not registered or registered but not logged on, then the times you see will automatically be Eastern (New York).

Tags: