Author Topic: Doubling  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Aaron

Doubling
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:08:25 PM »
I wanted to get some opinions on the best way to incorporate running twice a day.  I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze in some more mileage but want to approach it somewhat carefully.  I probably have time to do one double a week but my question is this.  Is it better to do two easy paced runs or could I do a tough interval workout in the a.m. and come back in the evening for an easy run. 

Aaron

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Doubling
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »
You could do either but, if you're doing this for a first time, I'd suggest starting with easy runs. Adding another run is creating shorter recoveries, which will add some stress. No reason to do some already stressful workouts when adding a new stress your body isn't used to.

Offline Zeke

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 06:59:14 PM »
Is it better to do two easy paced runs or could I do a tough interval workout in the a.m. and come back in the evening for an easy run. 

Aaron

I highly doubt you could tell the difference between your two choices.  Personally I've done both - except I'll reverse your second choice; easy AM run, hard PM run.  Sometimes that easy AM run will make my legs feel better for the evening workout.
"It doesn't get easier.  You just go faster." - Greg LeMond

Zeke

http://cnaustin.blogspot.com/

Offline GTF

• Kahuna
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Sisu Running
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:18:51 PM »
Do not support those who give a bad name to running, boycott all Devine Racing events: Marathon of Palm Beaches, New Jersey Marathon, Las Vegas Marathon, & Salt Lake City Marathon.

Offline Double

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:04:40 PM »
I used to run easy on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and do intervals on Tuesday / tempo on Thursday in the evening fairly successfully.  I generally made those 15 mile days so it adds up.
"What are you training for?" "For life."  (Barry Duncan)
"What race are you running?" "The human race." (Clement Grum)

Tags: