Author Topic: April Update  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
April Update
« on: April 05, 2007, 05:28:15 PM »
March was a pretty quiet month around Hillrunner.com. I had some behind the scenes things going on but not a whole lot visible.

The one big change, slipped in on the last day of March, was to the Hillrunner.com Events Calendar. Now, if you want to see a map to the location of an event, you no longer have to click on a link and open a new window to do so. Right in the event page, you will see a map to the location given (note: if the location given can't be found, you'll get a notice of that).

The results of the March poll suggest that not many people are holding out hope for good things to come of Rodale's purchase of Running Times. The majority of voters are expecting the result of this purchase to be bad for competitive runners, most because they believe Rodale will push Running Times toward mediocrity. Hopefully, this or the second most popular option, phasing out Running Times, won't happen but those two futures are the most expected ones.

April's poll was actually suggested to me by a Hillrunner.com regular. This individual suggested a poll asking what I consider to be a very interesting question. A certain national T&F federation gives quite a bit of "athlete development" funds to athletes who already have quite lucrative sponsorships. Do you consider this fine or should that "athlete development" money instead be given to up and coming athletes who don't yet have the financial backing of major sponsors? Be sure to share your opinion by the end of the month.

I'm not even sure what to expect in April. Something will surely happen so stay tuned to see what changes you will find and check back here next month for a recap of the changes.

Tags: