Author Topic: A new direction for Runner's World?  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
A new direction for Runner's World?
« on: June 12, 2007, 05:39:13 PM »
I don't know how many people noticed it before it removed but this afternoon, a Runner's World employee posted spam on the Hillrunner.com Forums. I saw the same spam on another site's forums and have heard reports from a few others now about the same spam on a few other websites.

Is this the new direction Runner's World is going to be taking? It's no secret that I've been critical of Runner's World in the past for various reasons but I never thought I'd see this day. Here's a company that is already well known and, by some people, highly regarded. They don't need the publicity. It's a company that surely has to fight spam on a daily basis. They know the pains of dealing with spam. Still, they are now spamming. They have everything to lose and little, if anything, to gain by such actions.

I have a new level of disrespect for Runner's World after this incident. I used to occasionally visit their website for news or interviews and even post links to their news on a rare occasion. However, I have a personal policy of doing everything I can to avoid supporting any spammer in any way. I'm seriously considering never visiting the Runner's World website again and I think it's safe to say you won't see me linking to Runner's World at least for a long time, until they prove that they are ready to return to being a good Internet citizen.

Tags: