Author Topic: Arthoscopy Recovery Period  (Read 3407 times)

Offline AmericanIron

Arthoscopy Recovery Period
« on: June 18, 2004, 11:47:15 PM »
Hello - I am having arthoscopy on my left knee in a couple of days to have some torn medial meniscus cleaned out and to get a better look at a "partial tear" on my ACL - an injury that occured some 10 years ago.  I am 37 and have only been running since last fall.  I was hoping somebody has had a similar procedure and what kind of recovery period I should expect.  I am hoping to run a half marathon this fall - assuming the ACL is alright.  Any insight that I could get would be appreciated - thanks!

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 10:04:49 AM »
I have a feeling the lack of responses you're getting is because people are afraid to offer even suggestions on this. Really, this is a question that could be very risky to answer online. Your best bet is to have some face to face discussions with your doctor(s) and anyone else related with your recovery. Discuss your goals, normal recovery times, and after your operation the progress you're making. The most important thing at this point is your health so make sure that is your top priority and rely on your medical professionals for that goal.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 05:44:29 PM »
Hmmm.......okay, well thanks for the response anyway.

Michael Kuchar

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 08:16:55 AM »
I Have a buddy Steve who had the same problem. He recoverd in 6 weeks . He runs 20 - 25 miles a week before the operation after 6 weeks he  started by walking 1 min. then run 1 min. until he felt confident.

Good luck

Offline AmericanIron

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 12:25:54 PM »
Thanks Michael - that was exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for!  Thanks again.......

Tags: