Author Topic: An effective but not recommended means to weight loss.  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
An effective but not recommended means to weight loss.
« on: April 01, 2010, 06:39:03 AM »
Well, while I do need to lose some extra weight again - I do not want to lose some weight in the manner I just did the past couple of days.  Food poisening - in two days I lost 6.5 pounds.  While this has pushed me closer to my goal - and quickly - I do not want to go through that again. 

I honestly could feel a difference in my running from the day I got sick and this morning's run.  I felt lighter while running.  This is good.  I have lost 10 pounds (from a high of 170 - at 5'6") and have just 15 pounds left that I would like to lose.  I cannot imagine what that will feel like - less stress on joints - less pounding on the body - more efficient - Oh the benefits!
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline r-at-work

Re: An effective but not recommended means to weight loss.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:22 AM »
The real problem is that with any type of GI upset most of the lost weight is water and electrolytes... which is gained right back once you can keep what you take in. It's just like 'losing' a pound by donating blood. Most people don't want to lose muscle either (Lance Armstong might be a notable exception as he wrote in one of his books that when he went through chemo he became much lighter, partly through losing muscle). To lose fat, which is what most people want to do, is (as most dieters will tell you) is not only the 'key' but the most difficult part and best done slowly... all of this you know... I will say that I have used stomach 'flu' to MENTALLY jump start a diet plan... for some reason it seems easier to get back to eating better after you've had a few rough days... hope you're feeling better now!
-Rita
"We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves..." Sir Roger Bannister

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Re: An effective but not recommended means to weight loss.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »
I am feeling much better - thanks -  ;D

So far I have only put 2 pounds back on - but I am chalking that up to the 2 large meals on Easter. ::)
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Tags: