Author Topic: New forum features  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
New forum features
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:39:52 AM »
I recently added a few things to the forums. I'll type up something more official for the news later but here's a quick run-down.

First, if you're familiar with the concept of karma from other sites, you'll discover that it is now available here. Essentially, if you like what someone posted, you can "applaud" them and raise their karma. If you dislike what someone posted, you can "smite" them and lower their karma. You can find the applaud and smite links on the left side of every post where the poster's information appears.

Second, I'm sure most of you are familiar with social bookmarking. We used to have some links for social bookmarking but they recently went away. Well, now a better feature is back. On the top of every post and on the bottom of every topic, as well as within everyone's profile, you should be able to see a "share" button. This will allow you to quickly share the post, topic, or profile in several ways, including Facebook, Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, and other social networking and social bookmarking sites.

Speaking of Twitter, more on this to come but, if you're on Twitter, check out: http://twitter.com/hillrunner_com

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Re: New forum features
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
I am thinking that this should add a level of "simple fun" to the forums and might help people think more about what the are posting in response to others.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Tags: