Author Topic: Eddy Hellebuyck finally comes clean  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Andrew A.

• NDCQ
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Distance Running Observer
Why dink around? Go for it, be the best. It is worth whatever risk there is even if you fall short. You will be better.
‎"There is no such thing as an overachiever. We are all underachievers to varying degrees." - John Wooden.

Offline Andrew A.

• NDCQ
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Distance Running Observer
Re: Eddy Hellebuyck finally comes clean
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »
While I would not revel in another's misfortune, this guy just will not own his poor decisions completely (blaming the ex-wife, etc.) and simply does not get it and likely will not for a long, long time, if ever.  Definitely a cautionary tale of what can happen when you are a shameless, unaccountable cheat:
http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/07/13/eddy-hellebuyck-in-homeless-shelter/
Why dink around? Go for it, be the best. It is worth whatever risk there is even if you fall short. You will be better.
‎"There is no such thing as an overachiever. We are all underachievers to varying degrees." - John Wooden.

Offline Charlene

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »
Back when I first read the article I did not think his wife was going to take it well so this was not a surprise.   I never thought he really came "clean" anyway as I think the RW interview was a mix of the truth, half truths, and complete lies. 

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:44:49 AM »
He is also playing the "woe is me" story line about being raised in a tough environment, mean childhood kids, mean guys in high school and the army.  Blah blah blah - he is not alone in that type of life.

He needs to own his decisions like Andrew said and he will be able to lft the weight of the guilt.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 07:37:15 AM »
Obviously, I would never want to revel in such significant misery faced by anyone. However, everything you say is right, Andrew. He has never truly come clean and his circumstances seem to be a direct result of his poor decisions. I hope he can get his life back on track but being honest with himself and everyone else and taking responsibility for his actions has to be a part of that.