Author Topic: What would you like to see in 2011?  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
What would you like to see in 2011?
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »
I'd like to start this thread just to get an idea of what you would like to see at Hillrunner.com in 2011. On the site, Twitter, Facebook, whatever. I can come up with all kinds of ideas but I want to work on what those of you who are using the site would find more useful so please let me know what that would be. Whether it would be a completely new idea or changing what we already have, let's hear your ideas. Nothing is out of question.

I can't make any promises about what will actually get implemented but I'll take all ideas seriously and weigh interest in them against how difficult they would be to do and other factors in order to decide what will get top priority in 2011.

A few ideas I'm kicking around just to get started:

- A blogging system. Whether for just myself, some invited bloggers, or a public blogging system that everyone can partake in.
- Building the news section. Possibly adding more news sources, maybe allowing personalization of what you see and in what order there. Maybe even creating a Twitter account that all news items get posted to.
- Putting some more resources into the training log section. I have a few things in the works but, as those of you who use the log are aware, it's been slow going.

Offline runner88

Re: What would you like to see in 2011?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:37:52 PM »
Just a quick thought, would it be possible to get any kind of automatic integration with Garmin Connect or other mapping software? It would be pretty cool if at the click of a button we could each other runs

Cheers

Ross

Goals:
Sub 38min 10k
Sub 1.25 Half
Sub 3 Hour Marathon
Blog - Asics Kayano 17 Review

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
It's something I could look into. I'm not sure of the feasibility of that but I can see what's available to do something like that.

Offline dring

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
It would be awesome for me to have one site that updated when track or cross events were going to be televised or online to view.  I would love to be able to direct my young runners that I coach to get there interest up. I know there are places to look and I do but one site would be cool.  It could also have big meet or road races with some of the bigger names that would be running.
Just thoughts.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 07:41:37 AM »
It would be awesome for me to have one site that updated when track or cross events were going to be televised or online to view.

Great thought. I tried to do a "VCR Alert" (obviously, a long time ago) once but I was manually updating it, which led to two problems. First, it was a lot of work for such a small part of the site. Second, it was easy to miss events so it was by no means comprehensive. There might be better ways to accomplish a "DVR Alert" these days. I'll check into the major TV and Internet broadcasters of T&F/running events and see if I can tap into their schedules to pull together a combined schedule of events, maybe with the ability for anyone with a login to add events that might otherwise be missed.

It's on the to do list.

Offline Double

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
A Steeler victory in Super Bowl 45.
"What are you training for?" "For life."  (Barry Duncan)
"What race are you running?" "The human race." (Clement Grum)

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
Sorry Double but I hope you will have to miss out on that. ;)

I love that a Steelers fan has a Lombardi quote in his sig, though.

Super Bowl party at Double's house this year?

Tags: HillRunner.com