Author Topic: Changing the name of the Hillrunner.com Running Adviser  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Changing the name of the Hillrunner.com Running Adviser
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »
After a lot of careful thought and consideration, I have decided to change the name of the Hillrunner.com Running Adviser to a name that will be more clear about what the service is about. The Running Adviser will now be known as Hillrunner.com Online Running Coach.

I'm sure the first thing many of you are thinking is that I've always been opposed to the "online coaching" term because it was my belief that any online service does not meet one significant requirement of coaching: personal observation of the athlete while working out. However, especially after doing it for a while now, I understand first that there is still coaching involved and second that "online coach" and "in-person coach" do not have to mean the same thing. My experience so far has been that I do more than just advise what workouts to do as I also am able to give a fair amount of personal attention and support to my clients. I have found online coaching can be very valuable to people who don't have good in-person coaching options available or need a flexible alternative to fit within their busy lives.

It boils down to matching people with the service they are looking for. People do not google "running adviser" when searching for this service. They look for an online coach. That means not coming up with my own terminology but instead accepting the prevailing terminology and naming the service what people will be looking for. I offer a service that I am proud of and that I know my runners value so I have decided that the terminology is not important.

Tags: