Author Topic: Windows 7 problem  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Windows 7 problem
« on: March 19, 2011, 12:36:40 PM »
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When we try to log on the main user account we get the following message.  "The User Service service failed the logon"  "The user profile camnmot be loaded."  then we have to click "OK" and it goes back to the login screen.

If we choose a different account (no admin priviledges) it will login.  However, when we try to download or upgrade something and we are asked to enter the admin password - it fails.

I know we are using the correct password.

How can we resolve this issue?

If we remove and do a clean install of Windows 7 will that remove any other programs or downloads?  Will that remove any ties with other programs that use Windows 7?
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Windows 7 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:50:22 PM »
Not familiar with this problem but, if you do a clean install of any version of Windows, you are essentially wiping the computer clean and starting over. So any third party browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) or any productivity apps (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, etc.) or any other programs you have installed will be gone. Same for all of your downloads or personal documents, pictures, etc. that you have on your computer. Same for settings (favorites in Internet Explorer, personal settings in IE, other programs, or even Windows itself).

Your best bet, in my opinion: Capture the exact error message you are seeing when you try to log on and try to do some searches with the message and Windows 7. You're probably not the first to experience this. Maybe someone else found a solution or Microsoft has given some instruction on it.

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »
Thanks for letting me know about teh clean install - they should call that a clean you out install.

I will avoid that for sure.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
Well, clean install to computer people does mean just that. Every additional program, setting change, file, and anything else you have on your computer makes it a little more "dirty".

If the computer is relatively new, you might also check with support from the retailer or manufacturer you got it from. They might be of some assistance, maybe they have seen this issue before. Some manufacturers in recent years have been getting some pretty decent reviews on support.

Tags: