Author Topic: Any interest in a late July Team HillRunner.com relay?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Any interest in a late July Team HillRunner.com relay?
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:01:32 AM »
A coworker of mine has been pushing me pretty hard to get a team together for a late July relay in Pewaukee, supporting the Pewaukee HS cross country team.

The relay is a somewhat challenging course around Pewaukee Lake, 25K individual run or 5x5K relay. If I could get 4 more people, I think it might be a fun event to enter a HillRunner.com team in. Winning time last year was in the 1:20 range so this is by no means a race with weak competition.

To see more about the relay: http://www.pewaukeerelayrun.com

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Re: Any interest in a late July Team HillRunner.com relay?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »
That is sub 6 for sure.  I do not think I am there yet.  But I will find out in early June, what race shape I am in.  If you end up one short to field sub sixers - I'll do it.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
That's more than sub 6. A 1:20 would be a 16 minute 5K average over some challenging terrain. I don't think we need to field a team that is sure to win but maybe it would be fun to get a team out there and see how many teams we could mix it up with.

Next time I see this coworker, I'm going to ask him if they have divisions for 2 or 3 member teams.

Offline Ed

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »
As long as the cost is reasonable I am in!

Offline dring

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:31:35 AM »
Sounds fun, but I am not as good as you are talking about.  If you are hard up for a runner contact me. I could probably run 6ish or so per mile maybe.  I would not consider myself even remotely close to good, and as I get older less even yet.  I am not bad for being stupid in my earlier life (played football), but not good.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not saying I want to field a team that can run 80 minutes. If we could, that would be fun to mix it up. However, I don't think we have to be looking every race where a Team HillRunner.com is entered. I think we could mix it up with most of the teams there and finish high in the results.

So far, I've heard some level of interest from 4 people, including myself. We're still plenty early so I'll begin getting details together now and make a more formal request for team members in June.

Offline Charlene

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »
Nikki ran the entire relay last year with Julia Webb.  They beat all the female teams and tied for 1st.   You can see them in the picture of the start.  I think they averaged mid 6:XX for the entire race.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems like the best intentions have been falling through on this relay. Maybe I'll bring up the idea again next year and we can see where we stand.

Offline Ed

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »
Ryan - Maybe you could set up some sort of page that lists all of the races that we might have a Hillrunner.com race team.  Each race would be like a post and we could reply if we are interested.  This way you wouldn't have to "remember" to start recruiting at any specified time frame.

We could even have info regarding the race - the course, average times, whether it would be purly for fun or if we want to be competative (along with what that would require.)

Just a thought.