Author Topic: Jimmy Graham  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Andrew A.

• NDCQ
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Distance Running Observer
Jimmy Graham
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
I heard this guy interviewed on the radio yesterday and was floored by what I heard.  I do not follow the NFL much, mostly just checking the scores and the highlights, so I honestly had never heard of this guy even though he is the league-leading tight end.  I cannot find that interview to post here, but I found this instead, which is pretty good: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/26606/video-jimmy-grahams-unlikely-path  Tough story and a wonderful outcome, Graham is now my favorite NFL player and his (adoptive) mother is a great person -- they really show the best that we are capable of.  Goes to show what giving a kid a reason to believe in her/himself can do for them, they do not really need stuff what they need is support to reach for their dreams and goals.  Any of us benefit from a good support network in achieving our goals.
Why dink around? Go for it, be the best. It is worth whatever risk there is even if you fall short. You will be better.
‎"There is no such thing as an overachiever. We are all underachievers to varying degrees." - John Wooden.

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Jimmy Graham
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:23:32 AM »
I recently saw I believe Peter King (an NFL writer for SI whose writing I appreciate) mention this story. What a great story it is.

Tags: