Author Topic: Now on Google+!  (Read 5017 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Now on Google+!
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:30 PM »
HillRunner.com is now on Google+!

I'm not sure what will come of HillRunner.com on Google+. It might become a carbon copy of HillRunner.com of Facebook, it might be more like HillRunner.com on Twitter, it might be something completely different. Let's venture on over there and find out together!

Offline runner88

Re: Now on Google+!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
I joined Google+ a few months ago and what looked like a pretty impressive set up seems to have flopped. I know about three people on there and most of my mates cant be bothered to learn how to use the new site. Do you think that it is going to take off?

Running Blog - Suunto Quest

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Now on Google+!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »
I think it has a niche. Personally, I don't see it competing with Facebook because it's not as simple for "out of the box" simple status updates. It's a typical Google product in that it's very customizable but, in the case of a social networking platform, that takes away from its usability and simplicity.

It's great for sharing pictures, especially if you have an Android phone or tablet. Techies (like myself) love it, we don't find the lack of simplicity off-putting and appreciate the ability to have control over what we do. It seems like barefoot/minimalist runners for some reason have made a home over there (not sure the connection but most of the people in my runners circle seem to be barefoot/minimalists).

Regardless, if you're there, so is HillRunner.com. If you're not, you can still find HillRunner.com on Facebook, Twitter, or of course right here.

Tags: