Author Topic: Post-collegiate, sub-elite T&F  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Andrew A.

• NDCQ
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Distance Running Observer
Post-collegiate, sub-elite T&F
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
Nice article with some money quotes within: http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=26402&PageNum=1
Why dink around? Go for it, be the best. It is worth whatever risk there is even if you fall short. You will be better.
‎"There is no such thing as an overachiever. We are all underachievers to varying degrees." - John Wooden.

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Re: Post-collegiate, sub-elite T&F
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:51:41 PM »
That was a nice article and you were dead-on regarding the money quotes.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Post-collegiate, sub-elite T&F
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
That was a good article. I think it was even harder to find meets when I was first out of school than it is now (at least around here) but that hardly means it's easy now, just not as close to impossible as before, or that there is a sustainable number of meets. More are still needed. Some great quotes in there, indeed.

To be honest, I read this last week. Immediately, I thought of a series of small meets similar to what were described in the article (all-comers meets) that my old HS cross country coach put on over the summer. I loved those meets. Drop a quarter in a pencil box and sign up for as many events as you want. Most people did at least 2-3 events, including the predicted mile. Waukesha South began holding similar meets when I lived in that area but I never got over to them. I've thought off and on about approaching a coach at the school district I now live in about the possibility of holding similar meets at the school's track.

Tags: