Author Topic: Team HillRunner.com: Al's Run 2012  (Read 8508 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Team HillRunner.com: Al's Run 2012
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:06:31 AM »
Team,

It's that time of the year again! Less than two months until we're meeting in downtown Milwaukee for Al's Run!

I'll keep this short and sweet. This year, registration has changed quite a bit. No more password protected team registration, unfortunately no more ability for me to pick up part of your registration fee. I'll try to make up for that by again offering a cookout for team members and families at my place after the race.

Just go here to register (look for the "Join Team" link in the header of the team roster) by 5pm on August 23rd: http://events.chw.org/goto/HillRunner.com

This is quite a bit different than we've had in the past. If you have any questions or can't find the "Join Team" link, please let me know.

Please keep in mind, I'm hoping to have a fast top 5 but I also would love to see a big team. Again, I'm going to set a goal for a roster of at least 10 runners. I'd love to see us exceed this goal but I'd like a minimum team size of 10. So sign up and get recruiting! I'm working on a new HillRunner.com singlet logo right now and, if we get 10 runners, this new logo may go on the back of the team's shirts. I think you'll like it!

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Re: Team HillRunner.com: Al's Run 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
I am signed up and recruiting a runner that can go sub 30 - last year he ran Fish Day in 29 something.  If I can get him - we'll start getting into a good position.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:26:59 PM »
Ed, check out the team page again. You're featured...well, sort of...

Should probably be a little more "professional" about it but this is supposed to be fun, right?

Offline Ed

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:10:32 AM »
Love it.

Offline Ed

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »
Come on folks - lets get registered for this event and have a blast.  We have a good shot at placing very well and after that fun get to go to Ryan's for some more fun and sharing.

It was a great time last year and you'll really enjoy yourselves!

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
I also need to get promoting it more. I'll be doing that as soon as I get a couple other things taken care of.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »
Please don't forget, this Thursday is the deadline. I have to submit the team roster Thursday afternoon and no changes can be made after that time.

Woody's in!!! Where's the rest of the crew? If Woody can join, where are Double, Cameron, maybe we even have to call Pski out of retirement?

Offline trivianut

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
Ryan - thanks for posting, and it'll kill me to not see Woody, but I've got to bow out. I've only run about 8 times in the 3 weeks since being given the green light to start again. It's all been easy does it runs of 3-4 miles, so I'm just not ready yet. But with the Madison Marathon changing their race from late May to early November for 2013, I've got a target to shoot for. Plan for that being my 1st race as a 50 year old.

But if Pski and Cameron show up, I may have to drive over just to watch....

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
Peter, sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully, next year it will make for a nice marathon tune-up. I have received pretty certain reassurances that Double would sign up, not that I would expect anything different from him. I also have hopes for Cameron and maybe Jamie Walz, to bring up another name from the Waukesha clan. I think Pski would be a hard sell but it doesn't seem right having Woody and Double on a roster without him so maybe I'll see what his weight is up to. ;) (If he sees this, he knows I'm kidding...I hope...)

Speaking of Madison, given their luck with May weather, what are the chances of a November blizzard in Madison? Let's hope not but that was my first thought when I heard of the scheduling change.

Offline Double

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
"What are you training for?" "For life."  (Barry Duncan)
"What race are you running?" "The human race." (Clement Grum)

Offline Ed

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 11:11:37 AM »
What about Charlene or Corinna?

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
Corina runs for PRO and I think they enter teams now. Charlene mentioned it but she's also running a half the following weekend. I'm going to reach out to a few people this evening, her included. Once Double and Jamie sign up, we'll have a 5 person team. Obviously, the more the better but that has always been the minimum for a scoring team.

Offline Ed

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
I contacted Gerald Cameron - he is not sure if he can or not yet - does not know the family plans for that weekend.

I also sent a reminder to Steven Tietz to see if I can swing him into the fold.  I hope we can get at least one of those two if not both.

Offline Double

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
I signed up and just called Jamie.  He said he will sign up tomorrow, he is out of town right now.  I will be running with him
in the morning so I will grill him again to be sure so we have a team.
"What are you training for?" "For life."  (Barry Duncan)
"What race are you running?" "The human race." (Clement Grum)

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »
Double, appreciate it. Remind him that my deadline is afternoon. I can wait as late as about 4:00-4:30 but that's it. I'll wait as long as possible if I don't see him signed up. Also, holding out hope for a couple others but it sounds like Jamie is the closest we have to a sure thing.