Author Topic: HillRunner Training Running Log, 10,000 miles  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Charlene

HillRunner Training Running Log, 10,000 miles
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
As a group we are at 9933 miles for the year as of tonight.  I assume that one of us will log the 10,000th mile by the end of the week.

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: HillRunner Training Running Log, 10,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:25:05 AM »
If someone (looking in the mirror, I'll get caught up at some point) didn't have a few gaps in his training log, we'd already be there. That said, I'll have to keep an eye on that. It may not be the kind of numbers some other log sites put up but it's a nice milestone to reach nonetheless. Thanks for pointing this out.

Offline Charlene

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
As I would assume that this is a small group of runners it is a very nice testiment to everyones' dedication and consistancy. 

Ryan,  I have been wondering how you like the Garmin.  What do you think of it?   One reason I would hate to be without it is because it is so helpful to me when filling in my log.   I don't  consider Garmin Connect my log but I do look at it post workout to check out elevation and speedwork.   I do find myself using the Training Center more and more often to program workouts. 

Offline ksrunner

• 2010 Topeka to Auburn 1/2 Marathon
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
I've been giving some thought to moving my logs from a Google Drive spreadsheet into an online log, but I am not completely committed to that. I put a lot of work into those spreadsheets and think that I would prefer to migrate at least some of my data to a new system. I've even considered developing my own log to try to incorporate some of the features that I've put into spreadsheet(s).

Ever wanted another developer? ;)
We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves.
   - Sir Roger Bannister, former athlete

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 03:36:20 PM »
It is a pretty small group. Slowly growing but slow is the key term at this point in time.

I still have mixed feelings with the Garmin. As a tech geek and numbers geek, it can be hard at times for me to not look at it, just to see what it says. I'm breaking that temptation but it's there. There are a few "features" that get on my nerves but I am fascinated by some things you can do with it. Great flexibility in programming workouts, a lot of post-workout analysis that can be done (just have to be careful to not suffer analysis paralysis). Overall, I'm happy with it but I definitely see how easy it could be to fall into the trap I see some people falling into of staring at it for the whole run or over analyzing a run after the fact.

I've always wanted another developer. Sadly, I'm pretty possessive of my code and, when I think more deeply about getting another developer, I always seem to shy away from the idea.

That said, I'm open to feature requests. Can't make any promises of time frames to complete those requests, though.

Tags: