Author Topic: Different Shoes needed  (Read 6465 times)

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Different Shoes needed
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:21:28 AM »
I like the original pair of Nike Free that I have but they have clearly over 1k miles on them.  The newer pair of Nike Free that I have are the Nike Free 3 (about 700 miles) and I cannot go over 8 miles in them without getting a fair amount of pain in the balls of both feet.  I can pull out the older pair and go 14 miles with no pain.

What is smimlar to the Nike Free and has a bit extra room in the toe box?

Any help will be appreciated.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Andrew A.

• NDCQ
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Distance Running Observer
Re: Different Shoes needed
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
I wonder if you are aware that there are about three different versions of the Free, with varying levels of cushioning?  If you got one that has more or less (soft foam) cushioning than the first one you had, it might result in the issue you describe.
Why dink around? Go for it, be the best. It is worth whatever risk there is even if you fall short. You will be better.
‎"There is no such thing as an overachiever. We are all underachievers to varying degrees." - John Wooden.

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Re: Different Shoes needed
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:28:18 AM »
Thanks Andrew, after posting this I was doing some research and found that they make a 3, 4 and a 5.  I think I will try the 4s - if they do not have enough cushion then they will be my short distance shoes and I'll get the 5s.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run