Author Topic: Just added: HillRunner.com Blogs!  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Just added: HillRunner.com Blogs!
« on: March 01, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »
Ever wonder why HillRunner.com doesn't have blogs? I've been wondering that myself for years but I was never to find just the right blogging system. So, instead of continually looking, I finally decided to just write my own. It's pretty bare bones right now but I'll be aiming to post a new blog at least once a week and you're welcome and encouraged to comment. In the near future, you'll be able to maintain your own blog over there and post about whatever you want running-related.

I have a lot of plans for the blogs but I wanted to get started, even if it's a bit thin on features right away, because I feel every week like I have a blog post already written out in my mind and I have nowhere to put it.

I hope you like this new feature. I'll post major updates over here so you know when you can make your own blog posts and gain other cool tools like that. In the meantime, if you want to see my thoughts on running, stay tuned over there or subscribe to the feeds in your favorite news reader.

Note 1: If you don't see the Blogs menu item in the menu on the left or the menu appears to be broken when you are at the blogs, refresh your browser cache. In Windows browsers, you can hold the Ctrl button while pressing F5 to do this. You might need to do this twice in some browsers.

Note 2: I had to make a change to the settings of the cookie used to keep you logged into the HillRunner.com Forums in order to make it work for the blogs. To pick up the changes and be properly logged in over there, you may need to log out and log back in here before going over there.

http://blogs.hillrunner.com

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Just added: HillRunner.com Blogs!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
Everyone can create blog posts now! In the menu on the right, under Quick Links, click Create new post (or click here to create a new post). Enjoy!

Offline Lighty

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »
This might be a dumb question, but I can't log in to the Blogs.  When I click the Blogs link I have to sign in.  When I sign in I get back to the home page of Hillrunner.com.  When I click the Blogs link I have to sign in.... I went through this loop three times and then I thought perhaps I should ask.  :-\

Offline Lighty

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
Never mind.... I read the note at the top of page.  Told you it was a dumb question!

Tags: