Author Topic: Hillruuner.com mileage log -  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
Hillruuner.com mileage log -
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »
We are very close to 3,000 miles this year already in the log and I am sure that it has not been kept up to date.  For everyone that uses the log - please try to update it completely in the next couple of days.  It would be greatly appreciated.  It was late November last year when we closed in on the 10,000 mile mark.  Let's see if we can beat that!
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Re: Hillruuner.com mileage log -
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:59:31 AM »
I'm probably not helping. Don't think I've logged anything there since mid-December to be honest. Of all the people who should be using it consistently. Sorry Ed but it's going to take me some time to catch up and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get started. I will try to begin logging, maybe starting tomorrow so I have a clear cutoff date of what I have to back fill.

I'm going to be working on a few things later this year to make it easier to log workouts so people like me don't slack off.

Offline Ed

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
;)

Offline Ed

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:23:13 AM »
Ryan, what if you just put the total mileage for each month on the last day of that month?  That way you would have four entries instead of nearly 120.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
I have some other ideas that I'd like to test out once in place. Maybe this is the spur to get me back into the code for the log and work on some other things also.

Offline Ed

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »
Maybe - allow us to edit an entry  ;)

Offline Ed

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 06:40:27 AM »
With some updates done by log users we have quickly jumped to over 3,200 miles.  Once we all get caught up - it should be some pretty neat numbers.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
Maybe - allow us to edit an entry  ;)

That would be one of those other things. Probably topping the list. I also want to do some things in the blog code. Just need to set aside some time and decide what to prioritize but I think the log is overdue for some attention.

Offline Lighty

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 05:31:33 AM »
I updated my log, finally, with my few little miles that probably didn't help the total much.  Since I started using the log a couple of years ago I've pretty much given up any other logs I was keeping.  The Garmin is great because it keeps track of the mileage, but it also allows me to get lazy about updating my running log.  Before I used the Garmin I had to be pretty good about keeping up a running log or I would just start to forget details.  The Iron Man watch only had time and splits...

Anyway, even though I've finally entered the digital age and rely on my Garmin to keep track of my mileage I still like to keep the log because I can add a lot more details about my run.  Before I used the hillrunner log I used to use the Daily Mile online log.  I wasn't crazy about it, it lacked a lot of useful features, but I did like that you can share your log with other people.

So I was wondering, in addition to being able to edit an entry, is it possible to make the logs public to group?  I don't know if everyone would like that, or how hard that is to do, but I think that would be fun.  Maybe it could be optional to allow others to view/comment on your entries?  I have no idea what's involved in doing something like that so feel free to tell me I'm nuts  :P  It's just a thought. 

In the meantime I will try to increase my mileage contribution.... it's slow going, but I'm hoping that will soon change.

Tags: