Author Topic: Can you put heel pads ontop of running insoles?>  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Ronayne

Can you put heel pads ontop of running insoles?>
« on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:06 AM »
Hey i was just wondering whether this is possible as im gonna buy some running insoles soon so once and for all pain whilst running will be gone, but i was reading about heel pads and how they too can stop pain on the heel as well.. so can you have both on at the same time or have some insoles got built in heel pads? as you can see they are quite big and i dont know how the gel heel pads would stay in place when ontop of some insoles

http://nuovahealth.co.uk/shop/plantar-fasciitis-heel-pads-2
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:16:53 AM by Ronayne »

Offline 4gen/sf

Re: Can you put heel pads ontop of running insoles?>
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:43:59 AM »
If you are having heel pain google or YouTube lo dye strap (taping procedure). Heel pads or lifts go under the insole.

Offline runner88

Re: Can you put heel pads ontop of running insoles?>
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
Possibly. I have always steered clear of adding any kind of insole or structure to my running shoes for fear or messing with its mechanics. Having said that if you are getting heel pain then it might be time to invest in a new pair of shoes or maybe assess your running surfaces. Are you running on hard or soft surfaces? If you can run exclusively on grass then this will do your body a world of good!

2013/14 Running/Triathlon Goals:
Sub 2.25 Olympic Triathlon
Sub 3.15 Birmingham Marathon
Sub 1.20 Cardiff Half Marathon
My London running blog

Tags: