Author Topic: Dropping back in  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Rachel

• Utica Boilermaker 15k - Woohoo!
Dropping back in
« on: January 07, 2004, 07:41:18 PM »
Hey guys

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. It's been a while since I posted. Haven't been running much, kinda afraid to and not so motivated to get back into it. Stupid depression disorder, grr. Anyway, hope everything is going well. Run lots of miles for me!  :)

Rachel

Anonymous

Wecome back Rachel
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 02:46:43 PM »
I know what you are talking about.  :cry:   I am really having a problem getting myself out the door.  Once I do, I feel better.
I feel like I have to meet the expectations of others and defend my racing reputation.
I want to hide from the world especially from runners.  Most of the runners I know won't let me hide.
Eventually the days get longer and the earth warms up and I am running with spirit and life again. :D
Whether you feel like it or not, get your running stuff on and take that first step.  The next step will happen, then nature takes over.
You go Girl :wink:

Offline Zeke

Re: Dropping back in
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 02:49:54 PM »
I would think that running would help with a depression disorder, no?
"It doesn't get easier.  You just go faster." - Greg LeMond

Zeke

http://cnaustin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

Wecome back Rachel
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 02:49:55 PM »
I know what you are talking about.  :cry:   I am really having a problem getting myself out the door.  Once I do, I feel better.
I feel like I have to meet the expectations of others and defend my racing reputation.
I want to hide from the world especially from runners.  Most of the runners I know won't let me hide.
Eventually the days get longer and the earth warms up and I am running with spirit and life again. :D
Whether you feel like it or not, get your running stuff on and take that first step.  The next step will happen, then nature takes over.
You go Girl :wink:
Laura

Runnin Rat

Dropping back in
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 01:40:39 AM »
Depression runs in my family. My mother and brother suffer greatly from it. My Mom's 'shrink' gave her a saying she still lives by "move a muscle, change a feeling". My mother is not a runner, but I run so I won't get depressed. The disease scared the daylights out of me! I agree, lace up those shoes and go for it.

For me, I am down right ornery before I run. My kids know not to talk to me, the husband helps to gently get me out the door. When I come back though, I am like a new woman, and very embarrassed by my own behavior, but I do it again the next day! Don't know why, and I hate that about myself.

Good luck Rachel. Set a goal to run a race that is coming up, that always helps to keep me motivated.

Tags: