Author Topic: Forum upgrades  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Forum upgrades
« on: October 15, 2005, 07:28:03 PM »
Today, I have made two upgrades to the forums. The first is one that should not affect you but will hopefully bring more people to the forums. The second is one that could, if you so choose, affect you if you are a registered member on the forums.

The first upgrade is really for search engines. I added some new software so search engines can "index" or find the forums more effectively. The only thing you will notice is a link at the bottom of every page on Hillrunner.com entitled "Hillrunner.com Forums Archive". If you click on that link, you will see what looks like a stripped down version of the forums and links from most pages to the corresponding page on the actual forums. These pages are designed for search engines, though, so my best advice is to not worry about them. The only reason I mention this change is because I'm sure some people will see the links and be curious about them. Feel free to check them out if you want but I don't think you will find them very interesting.

The second upgrade I did today should be more exciting. Actually, it's a request that was made, I believe by Zeke, when the forums were changed to the software. Almost two years later, I finally figured out how to fulfill the request. The change involves your profile. Back when the forums were first started, a request came to add a PRs section to the profiles. I tried to do this back then but couldn't figure it out. Now, I have. If members now go to edit their profiles, there is a PRs section. Feel free to add any PRs you wish in that section. When you do so, a PRs section will show up when people view your profile. If you choose not to do so, this section of your profile will not show up at all.

If anyone has any further requests for other sections of profiles, feel free to use the non-running forum or contact form to make suggestions. Now that I have a process in place, it is quite easy to add new sections to profiles.

Tags: