Author Topic: First 50K, Not I guess!  (Read 2817 times)

Offline blackdog

First 50K, Not I guess!
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »
As I stated in an earlier post I had successfully completed my first 50k.
At the start we were aware that the "big" hill was out, but they added a loop and the race director said it will be faster and maybe not quite 50k. Oh well I am here, and ready to do this.
Today I went to the website and it said the 25k runners ran 14.6 and the 50k runners ran 28 miles!!! Geez. I thought we all did the same laps so at least we would have done 29.2 or there abouts.
So I guess I am not the stud I thought I was! In retrospect, I usually run about 7:00 for the marathon, and that is at peak. I am NOT at peak and clocked only 1 minute slower over trail run.
I told my fiance' I should have trusted my "inner GPS", as I came through 20 miles and said to myself, boy already, and felt the same way at 28. :) After 30 plus years of running you kind of get a sense of if a course is long or short...
I guess my sense was broken that day!

Dang, I hate that, give me a too long course anyday!

Karen

Offline cameron

• JerryCameron.com
Re: First 50K, Not I guess!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:11 AM »
karen - even though the course was short...it was still longer than 26.2 so you have earned the title "ultramarathoner."  congrats!!

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
Karen, sounds like your "inner GPS" was not broken. You just didn't trust it.

Anyway, as Cameron stated, it's longer than a marathon so you can still proudly wear the "ultramarathoner" title.

Offline snowski12000

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
Great job Karen. Keep up the great work. As you and the other have said trust those inner feelings. Ski

Offline sueruns

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 07:57:29 AM »
you definitely ARE the stud you thought you were!!!  congrats on your 1st ultra!!!!!!

Tags: