Author Topic: A team for Al's  (Read 6810 times)

Offline tgrunner

Re: A team for Al's
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 12:04:19 PM »
Als run has a couple of moderate hills. It starts at Marquette University and runs down hill for about a half mile and then starts up hill through about mile 1.5. Then you turn and head down prospect ave through until nearly mile 3 - prospect is rolling hills, but nothing of real significance. When you turn and head back south, you go down a steep hill, layfayette hill, which dumps you onto lincoln memorial....from there you essentially sail to the third ward and the finish at the summer fest grounds. The last two miles are very fast as all it is completely flat. I always negative split this race.

I live downtown and it really is more hilly than people give it credit for, however, my take is that if you train in wisconsin, you will be more than prepared for the course as it is reflective of the rolling hills we have here in the midwest.

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 12:23:25 PM »
That was my recollection of the course are you joining up with Team Hillrunner?

I found a race near me (Grafton) a 5K on August 26th great timing before Al's. 
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »
Gradual downhill toward the river in mile 1, followed by a gradual uphill up from the river. Screaming downhill as you head down the bluff toward the lakefront just before the 3 mile mark. From then on in, it's basically flat.

By the way, the team registration information will be coming relatively soon. We have some changes in how things will be handled (all for the positive as far as I'm concerned) but everyone who is a member of the Hillrunner.com community is still welcomed and encouraged to join us. Stay tuned, updates and registration information likely to come around the first weekend of August.

Offline tgrunner

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »
I'd be fun to meet up with some of you as a hillrunner team for Al's. As of yet, haven't decided if I will do it this year or not.

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
I see I missed tgrunner's description of the course before I posted my description. I have to give him the nod, much more detailed and complete description than my vague offering.

Tags: