Author Topic: treadmill running  (Read 9570 times)

Offline Chris

Re: treadmill running
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 08:47:28 AM »

I get the impression you might thrive on confrontation?

Once again nothing personal, but yup 1000%

Offline Chris

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 08:52:50 AM »
Regarding treadmill training experience I have plenty though only over one season.  I'd say maybe 500 miles so IMO plenty of experience :( 

My treadmill is setup so at zero degrees there is a SLIGHT incline.  I'm not sure if this is mis-calibration by the installers, but it is what it is.  When I go out on the flat road effort is LESS than on my mill.  I firmly believe that I lost nothing and maybe even gained while running on a mill.  I hate wind and can run hills whenever I want on a treadmill.  It works great! 

By the way WI MTP.  2:45 on a 205# frame???  HOLY COW!!!  Impressive!! 

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »
There's a difference between thriving on confrontation and being willing to speak one's mind without fear of confrontation. I would hope that one who is willing to speak one's mind, without making things personal, would not have to worry about confrontation but, unfortunately, it seems like people sometimes forget to take a deep breath and not take things in ways they are not meant to be taken. Let's all try to keep the comments here productive and on topic. Off-topic personal commentary has a way of turning things ugly. From this point on, keep in mind that off-topic personal commentary can be removed by the moderators if it detracts from the conversation at hand. Everyone should be able to feel comfortable offering advice without fear of such commentary being targeted at them.

As for the treadmill, Chris, I'm sure you know how little of a slope a 1% grade is. Seeing as 1/2% to 1% is usually good enough to at least approximate the effort level of running outdoors, if yours has even a bit of an incline, it's possible that the incline does just that if not more.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:02:08 AM by Ryan »

Offline GTF

• Kahuna
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Sisu Running
MOVED: Re: treadmill running
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »
The non-running tangent has been moved to Hillrunner.com News.

http://www.hillrunner.com/forums/index.php?topic=5900.0

Note by Ryan: Moved to General Discussion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 03:16:48 PM by Ryan »
Do not support those who give a bad name to running, boycott all Devine Racing events: Marathon of Palm Beaches, New Jersey Marathon, Las Vegas Marathon, & Salt Lake City Marathon.

Tags: