Author Topic: The future of Hillrunner.com  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
The future of Hillrunner.com
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »
Though it is probably the shortest, this has to be the article I have been most looking forward to writing. While itís been very fun for me at least to reflect on what has happened over the first ten years of Hillrunner.com, Iím even more excited about the future of Hillrunner.com. I have so many ideas on how to make Hillrunner.com even better that I only wish I could devote more time to making Hillrunner.com everything I could imagine it to be.

Back at the beginning of the month, I mentioned that I would announce a new feature on Hillrunner.com, then I left you hanging for nearly the whole month. Itís time to end the suspense. I would like to announce a whole new section of Hillrunner.com, one that I would like to ask those of you who are interested to help shape as there are many new features that can be added as it matures. The new section is the Hillrunner.com Training Log.

I will post release notes on the training log in the Hillrunner.com News forum as soon as I get this posted so I wonít get too long winded about it here but I have to say that Iím very excited about having a training log on Hillrunner.com and I hope some of you will share in my excitement and help make it the training log that fits your needs perfectly.

Iím sure the training log will take up a lot of the time I have for Hillrunner.com in the near term future but it isnít all that is in the works for Hillrunner.com. Iíve already discussed with Ed and GTF the idea of revamping the pictures section to make it more user friendly. I also have been brainstorming ideas to personalize the training calendar for both runners who want to put together their own racing seasons and race directors who would like to manage all of their events from one place. I have several ideas for new articles. I have ideas to help you see what is garnering the most interest on various sites of Hillrunner.com. Of course, as I have mentioned, I have so many ideas of things to do that can make Hillrunner.com even better that the changes we will see on Hillrunner.com over the next ten years are limited not by ideas but by the time available to implement those ideas. Some of the ideas I have will hopefully be implemented in the very near future. Others, possibly even ones I mentioned, will unfortunately have to wait much longer simply due to not having enough time to do everything I would like to.

There is a lot of talk about Web 2.0 and now even Web 3.0. Personally, I think Hillrunner.com tapped into Web 2.0 as soon as the first forum was added, as that is supposed to be all about everyone being able to create and share content. The additions of the calendar and polls add more ways for you to express yourself on Hillrunner.com, through promoting your events or sharing your opinion in the polls. While the most immediate future is about private content, donít be surprised if even more Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 type features show up on Hillrunner.com where they make sense.

I hope you are as excited about the Hillrunner.com Training Log and the other changes we will see here over the upcoming years as I am. The last decade was amazing, starting a website from scratch and building it to what we see today. I hope the next decade will be even more amazing as new features, some of which Iím sure none of us currently can even imagine, get added to Hillrunner.com.

Tags: