Author Topic: Team InStep/Hillrunner.com: 2010 Al's Run  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Team InStep/Hillrunner.com: 2010 Al's Run
« on: August 11, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »
It's that time of the year again. Time to sign up for Al's Run!

No attempt at a pep talk this year, just the details. If you want to join the team, you can email me (you can use the contact form if you don't know my address) or PM me and I'll get directions on how to join the team to you as soon as possible.

Details are much like last year. This year, we're going to split registration fees in half, so you're in for $15 and Hillrunner.com and InStep will pick up the remainder of your entry fee. We're again looking for a team of 10-20 runners. Seeing as we're usually struggling to get up to 10, don't feel like you have to save roster spots for others. If anything, we want to have everyone we can get.

Offline wsuraiderwi

Re: Team InStep/Hillrunner.com: 2010 Al's Run
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »
I would have enjoyed being a part of the team, but will be doing the TC Marathon the week before.  Although, I may be running easy with the family and post a time. 

Good luck!  I have run with the Extractors team (I believe we were 2nd palce) the past few years and last year we had a hard time putting together a competitive team so I am assuming it will be a run away victory for the Hillrunner.com team.  The next Al's Run that I do competitively, I will commit to competing on the Hillrunner.com team.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »
We would love to have you on board, whether this year or in the future. It's a shame how things are working out these past couple of years with October dates right in the heart of the area's marathon season, it does make it difficult for everyone to put together competitive teams. Still, I'm confident that we can pull together a team. I just look forward to next year when hopefully our roster size and speed will both get an assist from returning to the normal September timeframe.

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
Team,

I need to submit the team a week from today before noon so I would like everyone signed up by next Tuesday to give me time to make sure things are in order. As of now, we DO NOT have enough members to field a scoring team! Let's get going!

Offline Ed

• 4 Consistent months and Counting!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
Crap!  Count me in  Ryan - I don't know what a hard 5-6 weeks can do - but I'll give it my all.

E-mail me the registration info.

Come on folks - its a great time.
Next Goal Race - Al's Run

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 07:30:53 AM »
Last call. The roster is now sitting at 4, with instructions to register out to 3 who said they are in and 1 who is on the fence. There is still plenty of room on the roster for more.

Ed, if you didn't get the instructions to register, let me know. I sent you the instructions Wednesday afternoon. If you would like, I can also PM them to you.

Offline Ed

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »
People -

Is it a metter of conflict that others are not registering?

It is so much fun to meet up and run as a team - even if you are slow like me - it is a blast.

Being a part of a team, meeting others, raising money for a children's hospital, being a part of something bigger than yourself - its all good!

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:23:24 AM »
The team is set. With some outstanding recruiting efforts by an individual I talked with this past weekend and almost literally a last minute addition, we will be fielding a team of 11 runners this year. More details to come but the team looks a bit differently this year than it has previously but change is good.

Ed, I do think there are quite a few conflicts this year, largely due to the date that is sandwiched between quite a few area marathons. I'm expecting and hoping to see a pretty large contingent next year. We might even need to start talking about a maximum roster size pretty soon. That would be a nice problem to worry about.

Offline Ed

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »
Ryan - can you PM me the names of our team?  I would love to know who is all going to be there.

Is that guy from last year that won his age group going to be there?  We met his dad there last year.  He was a really good guy and his dad was a pretty awesome person to get to meet as well. 

Offline Ryan

• Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
Ed, we have almost complete turnover from last year's team. I would have to double check last year's roster but I believe you and I are the only ones returning. Having this in the midst of the October marathon season results in a killer attrition rate. I think we will be much larger and faster next year but we have to watch out - I can almost guarantee some much faster competition also.

First things first, though. I'll share the roster publicly soon. Two things initially stand out to me. First, we used to be a team with a significant Waukesha contingent. This year, as far as I'm aware, we have one Waukesha resident and he's not from the crew that used to be the core of this team. Second, we used to be a team of all men or nearly all men. This year, we have 6 women and 5 men. Nice balance.