Author Topic: Browser usage  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
Browser usage
« on: October 28, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »
I know some of you on here follow browsers with some level of interest similar to mine so I thought I'd share some statistics for Hillrunner.com just for fun as a reminder that I can't test the site on every platform (as this look into the numbers reminded me) so, if you see something on the site that looks funny, please let me know. I make every attempt to build the site that will work the same way no matter what you use but I can't make any promises about how it will look in Safari on a Mac, for example, because I don't have access to a Mac.

Anyway, for those of you who are interested in this kind of stuff, here are browser usage stats for Hillrunner.com. Numbers are based on page hits so percentages may not be fully representative of percentage of users using these different browsers but they are the best representation I can get. Also, I removed certain user agents (known "spiders", unknowns, most mobile browsers, small players like the Nintendo Wii).

Numbers are for October 1 through early morning October 28.

Internet Explorer: 45.4%
Firefox: 28.7%
Safari: 9.5%
Chrome: 8.4%
Mozilla (non-Firefox): 5.2%
Opera: 2.3%
Netscape: 0.4%

If you care to share, what platform do you use to visit Hillrunner.com? Personally, from work, I visit primarily with Firefox and occasionally with Internet Explorer on a Windows 7 machine. From home, I have two machines. On one, I visit primarily with Chrome and occasionally with Internet Explorer on a Windows Vista machine. On the other, I visit primarily with Chrome and occasionally with Firefox on an Ubuntu Linux machine.

Offline Andrew A.

• NDCQ
  • It is simple, but not easy.
    • Distance Running Observer
Re: Browser usage
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »
Chrome is my preferred browser.
Why dink around? Go for it, be the best. It is worth whatever risk there is even if you fall short. You will be better.
‎"There is no such thing as an overachiever. We are all underachievers to varying degrees." - John Wooden.

Offline ksrunner

• 2010 Topeka to Auburn 1/2 Marathon
Re: Browser usage
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
I nearly always use Firefox.
We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves.
   - Sir Roger Bannister, former athlete

Tags: