Author Topic: Runnerdude  (Read 14309 times)

Offline Ed 1

Runnerdude
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2004, 07:59:46 AM »
Wow are you lost - What I have been asking is if we could pick an issue say the war on terror and all brainstorm on ways to address that.  Not simply state that the President or Senator Kerry are wrong or not doing a good job.  Your quote is only part of my post - you forgot the remainder of it.  

I was hoping to go non-partisan with all here and tackle issues one by one with ideas to solve them.  Not pass blame.
Last (first) Marathon Lakefront (2003) in Milwaukee WI 3:35:34, 1/2 mary PB 1:28:17
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Praying for the chance (schedule wise) next year to work for a sub three.

Offline Bart

Runnerdude
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2004, 09:58:42 AM »
Quote from: "Ed 1"
I was hoping to go non-partisan with all here and tackle issues one by one with ideas to solve them.  Not pass blame.

Okay, here's my opinion on how we need to address the war on terror.  We need to re-join the global community.  When we attacked Iraq, we burned a lot of bridges with our allies in Germany, France, Russia, etc.  Plus we angered millions of Muslims.  Now al Qaida's recruiting is at an all time high.  

Elections need to be held in Iraq.  We need to include representatives from democracies all over the world to ensure that the elections are fair and that the winners are not hand-picked by the American government.  Then we need to turn Iraq over to the Iraqi people with the hope that the training their police/military have received, plus a taste of free elections will give them the strength to overcome the violence that will follow.  If not, the UN should step in and work to maintain peace.

The U.S. can then mobilize our troops against Osama bin Laden, and we can work with other nations to close down terrorist cells throughout the world.

Obviously it's not that simple, but we need definite goals for getting the U.S. out of Iraq and making their country self-governing and the U.S. a safer place.
http://runbart.blogspot.com/
Napa Valley Marathon - 3:06:39

Offline Ed 1

Runnerdude
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2004, 08:06:41 AM »
I do not consider any other Nations of the world our allies but I agree on finishing the job in Iraq and commiting to hunting terror cells and Osama.  The reason that I do not consider any other nations in the world our allies is simple.  Have the people of Florida seen anything from those nations.  I am not looking for them to send money, food, water or teddy bears for little children but how about a note of sympathy.  Four hurricanes in 6 weeeks is bad.
Last (first) Marathon Lakefront (2003) in Milwaukee WI 3:35:34, 1/2 mary PB 1:28:17
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Praying for the chance (schedule wise) next year to work for a sub three.

Tags: