Author Topic: A great link -  (Read 13155 times)

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:38:35 PM »
This is a great link to a great website - for sports enthusiasts.  

http://www.footballfansfortruth.us/
Last (first) Marathon Lakefront (2003) in Milwaukee WI 3:35:34, 1/2 mary PB 1:28:17
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Praying for the chance (schedule wise) next year to work for a sub three.

Offline Bart

A great link -
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 02:08:40 PM »
I truly hope you don't cast your vote for President based on a candidate's knowledge of sports.  If that were the case, why don't you just write in Pete Rose for President.  From what I hear, he's a dishonest ass, but he knows and can play sports.
http://runbart.blogspot.com/
Napa Valley Marathon - 3:06:39

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 02:24:27 PM »
Actually this is kind of tounge in cheek.  I vote for some one who states something and does not change his mind as fast as the wind blows.  Besides why write in Pete when I could write in Bret.
Last (first) Marathon Lakefront (2003) in Milwaukee WI 3:35:34, 1/2 mary PB 1:28:17
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Anonymous

A great link -
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 09:12:54 PM »
At least the site isn't anything substantive.  David Duke will be glad to know that your vote is as good as his.

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 06:17:10 AM »
Stay anonamous Mr. Guest - hide behind that anonimity.  Plus Osama will be glad to know you are going to vote for his canidate.
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Offline Bart

A great link -
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 09:40:39 AM »
Quote from: "Ed 1"
Besides why write in Pete when I could write in Bret.

Who's Bret?

Offline Ryan

• Just another crazy runner
  • Administrator
  • 2011 Walleye Run
    • Hillrunner.com
A great link -
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 10:09:45 AM »
I vote for some one who states something and does not change his mind as fast as the wind blows.

I prefer someone who understands that it is acceptable to change your mind when the information available changes. If (completely hypothetical of course) the information now says that doing strides is important so you state that strides are important and you will do them twice a week but ample evidence over the next few years shows that strides are detrimental, would you not be willing to at least be open to the possibility that maybe a change of mind is appropriate? I would hope you would look at the new information and at least be open to a different opinion.

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 11:26:58 AM »
This is entirely different than Senator Kerry's flip flop issues.  He changes his mind based upon whom he is talking to and if it seems to be what voters want.  He does not base it upon logic or new information that has any actual impact or that makes a true difference in the situation.  

To whom ever asked who Bret is Bret Favre of course.
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Offline runnerdude

A great link -
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 11:58:20 AM »
and george bush changes his mind when dick cheney tells him to. I am really glad that other posters are participating in these threads because they can see how warped and out of touch your posts are. Furthermore, their posts indicate that they can see right through your half-assed incendiary and divisive partisan crap.

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 12:11:02 PM »
Thats right my good little liberal avoid the topic and throw around the hate.
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Offline Bart

A great link -
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2004, 01:52:51 PM »
Thats right my good little liberal avoid the topic and throw around the hate.

It's funny that you would talk about liberals avoiding the topic and throwing around hate considering that your political comments are much more anti-Kerry than pro-Bush.  Candidate bashing is certainly not limited to the liberals/Democrats (not even in this Forum).

To whom ever asked who Bret is Bret Favre of course.

Sorry for my ignorance. I don't live within 1,000 miles of Green Bay, so Bret Favre isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Bret.

Anonymous

A great link -
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 06:10:50 PM »
Stay anonamous Mr. Guest - hide behind that anonimity.  Plus Osama will be glad to know you are going to vote for his canidate.

You're just as anonymous, Einstein.  Bin Laden has to have been pretty happy with how the Bush administration has forgotten all about him and held back when they could have captured him in Afghanistan, but that's not a reason for me to vote Bush.  Even Nader couldn't have screwed up on capturing Bin Laden.

Erica

Dittohead Ed

A great link -
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 06:15:56 PM »
Quote from: "Bart"
Sorry for my ignorance. I don't live within 1,000 miles of Green Bay, so Bret Favre isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Bret.

Yes, the rest of the nation would think of Bret Hull first.  Guys, Ed1 clearly isn't interested in thoughtful discussion or conversation.  He's steeped in rhetoric and blindly swallows what he's fed by those who say the things he wants to hear.  His mind is closed and there's no sense in baiting the poor little thing except for cruel sport.

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 06:28:05 AM »
Hey Bart - just so you know I stated "of course" in a laughing manner.  There was no intent to state it in a matter of fact tone.  I was kind of going with some one that was known and came from your home State.  

To the "Guest"  keep hiding.
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Offline Ed 1

A great link -
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 06:42:52 AM »
Well Erica - nice to finally know your name and you are very wrong in my anonimity.  Please click on my name and you'll see where I live plus other info.  So you are wrong.  

Also, do you remember the seven terrorist attacks against the US by Bin Ladin during the President Clinton era?  He promised to "hunt down and capture those responsible".  But what he actually did was spend ten times the money going after Bill Gates the greatest philanthropist of all time (donating billions of dollars).  

I am glad you think it is easy to find a single human on the planet - you must have been great at hide-an-seek.  Actually you have been great at hiding.
Next Up - Jingle Bell.  

Tags: