Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Non-Running Forum / A few administrative notes
« Last post by Ryan on May 02, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
First, I'm fed up with spam. If you want to email me, even if you find my email address somewhere on the site or you can guess it, it's far better to use the contact form. I'm getting very aggressive with spam filters so I may not see anything that doesn't come through there.

Second, things have been hectic recently but I am going to try to get some coding done in May. I'd be interested in everyone's take on what I should prioritize. I'll take all input into consideration, though I'll be the final decision maker. A few things I have on that never ending queue:

Training Log
- Implement update workout logic.
- Check feasibility of importing workouts from Garmin Connect.
- Check feasibility of allowing mass imports via comma delimited files or some similar structure.

Blogs
- Navigation.
- Expand the RSS system.
- Add email notifications.
- Improve blogger profile pages, create an appealing entry point into your personal blogging space.

Elsewhere
- Changes to homepage, focusing on updates to blogs and forums.
- Streamline the site? Retire a few sections that don't get heavily used?
- Give the News section some attention.
Running Forum / Re: Hillruuner.com mileage log -
« Last post by Ryan on May 02, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
Maybe - allow us to edit an entry  ;)

That would be one of those other things. Probably topping the list. I also want to do some things in the blog code. Just need to set aside some time and decide what to prioritize but I think the log is overdue for some attention.
« Last post by Ed on May 02, 2013, 06:40:27 AM »
With some updates done by log users we have quickly jumped to over 3,200 miles.  Once we all get caught up - it should be some pretty neat numbers.
« Last post by Ed on May 02, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »
Maybe - allow us to edit an entry  ;)
« Last post by Ryan on May 01, 2013, 12:45:01 PM »
I have some other ideas that I'd like to test out once in place. Maybe this is the spur to get me back into the code for the log and work on some other things also.
« Last post by Ed on May 01, 2013, 06:23:13 AM »
Ryan, what if you just put the total mileage for each month on the last day of that month?  That way you would have four entries instead of nearly 120.
« Last post by Ed on April 30, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
;)
« Last post by Ryan on April 30, 2013, 07:59:31 AM »
I'm probably not helping. Don't think I've logged anything there since mid-December to be honest. Of all the people who should be using it consistently. Sorry Ed but it's going to take me some time to catch up and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get started. I will try to begin logging, maybe starting tomorrow so I have a clear cutoff date of what I have to back fill.

I'm going to be working on a few things later this year to make it easier to log workouts so people like me don't slack off.
Running Forum / Hillruuner.com mileage log -
« Last post by Ed on April 30, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »
We are very close to 3,000 miles this year already in the log and I am sure that it has not been kept up to date.  For everyone that uses the log - please try to update it completely in the next couple of days.  It would be greatly appreciated.  It was late November last year when we closed in on the 10,000 mile mark.  Let's see if we can beat that!
Running Forum / A better year so far . . .
« Last post by Ed on April 30, 2013, 06:40:50 AM »
 What a difference this year compared to last year. April 2012 had 121 miles - this April 186! For 1/1/2012 through 4/30/2012 I had only run 184.25 miles - for 1/1/2013 through 4/30/2013 I had 423.5 miles! A nice improvement.  Plus my first race of the year was a PR in the 5K.   So looking forward to the month of May and my June 2nd race.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10