Re: Do I really have to look back at 2003?

Welcome! Forums Running Forum 2003 in review Re: Do I really have to look back at 2003?

It was my worst year ever. My only PR was in the obscure distance of 12K and that was only because I ran on a downhill course for the first time at that distance. I attempted to train for several Marathons. Late in 2002 I ran my now infamous 2:22:03 and figured 2003 was going to be great. Boy was I wrong. My first Marathon I was attempting to train for was the Kentucky Derby Marathon. I was actually being “taken care of” on my travel expenses for the first time in my life. I had to back out because I couldn’t even run (injured). Next was training for Grandmas and once again couldn’t go. Then I trained for Chicago, I just had to break 2:22, so I went and I DNF’d, dropping out at 14 1/2. Six weeks later I attempted CIM where I had never ran a bad Marathon and had another DNF, dropping out at 15. 2004 WILL be better. Finishing 2003 with 3974 miles which is less than I ran in 2002 (4547) or 2001 (3980). So miles will come up, trials will be a PR, and then on to some shorter distances and set some PRs.