Nice thread idea!
1. The first time I entered a 2 mile, soph in college, I won (XC's 8th man using big kick to beat XC's 1st man).
2. Did not run in high school and did not run XC as a freshman in college.
3. Ran cross-country and track in college at Grinnell.
4. Ran my first 100 mile week in January 1980, during winter break visiting Houston.
5. Placed dead last in my first two conference meets (880 y, freshman; 3 mile soph).
6. Ran All Conference and set school record in steeplechase debut as a senior.
7. Marathon debut in Denver with a 2:35, 1983.
8. Won the Niagara TAC road champinships 10K in 1990.
9. Still at it as a nearly 55 yr old masters runner (last year 5:03 mile; 1:19 half marathon).
10. Been moderator of a running forum for 5 years now, but it's gone completely Hobby Jogger. I quit!