Welcome! › Forums › Running Forum › Variety on the Treadmill: Any Work Out Suggestions? › Re: Re: Variety on the Treadmill: Any Work Out Suggestions?
I feel twice because of ice and I am old so I joined a fitness place basically for the treadmill. I have used a number of different things to motivate me and get me through the treadmill workout.
1. I use the 12 minute ab section of this workout place and it motivates me to run first and then do the ab workout. Core is so important.
2. I do the hill workout that is programed into the machine. Use the treadmill chart to see the pace you were actually doing. Really cool. An 8 minute mile at 6.4% grade is a 6:30 equivalent.
3. Tempo runs
4. Interval workouts. I do mine manually. I look in Jack Daniels book for the pace I should do based on my VO2 Max.
5. I bring different shoes. I use 3 different shoes for my interval runs. Trainers so warm up, flats to do the intervals, and Vibrams to cool down. Motivates me. I know I am weird but for some reason it is motivating to me.
6. Try running on the treadmill and not look at the screen for a 30 minute show.