Re: Re: What was your average weekly mileage (total miles for year/52) in 2009?

Welcome! Forums Running Forum What was your average weekly mileage (total miles for year/52) in 2009? Re: Re: What was your average weekly mileage (total miles for year/52) in 2009?

r-at-work

interesting poll… I voted in the less than 60… while 2009 was my second best year since I started keeping track (2003), it was one of fits and starts. My current project is 50 states marathoning (mostly for stress relief from the rest of my life)… Looking back at my year I had a few weeks with 70+ and weeks either side of marathons with very low mileage. I am jogging through these marathons, enjoying them a lot, not needing much recouperation.. but looking at the numbers I am wondering if I need to be tapering quite so much. It starts to add up as I did seven marathons in 2009, up from 4 each of the two previous years. As it is I am only doing a two week taper, I'm just not doing enough mileage to NEED three weeks, and I am not planning on running any faster… I'm sure there are those here who have 'trained through' marathons, not to hijack the thread, but, how does that change your recovery?
-Rita