40 Seconds down, 1:56 to go, Race Report

Welcome! Forums Running Forum 40 Seconds down, 1:56 to go, Race Report

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  stealthycat 13 years ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #2247

    Hope ya’ll don’t mind, ran a little PR yesterday, had to share. It was just a little 5K on paved trails in a park. Brought my PR down from 22:36 to 21:56. Pretty happy ’bout that. 😉

  • #17739

    Run
    Member

    Nice job, a 20 second PR in a short race is great 😀

    Tim

  • #17740

    Zeke
    Member
    Run wrote:
    Nice job, a 20 second PR in a short race is great 😀

    Tim

    Yeah, and your 40 second PR is even better. Way to go.

  • #17741

    Husker
    Member

    That’s awesome! I PR’ed in a 5K this weekend too! Down to 17:15 from a 17:50 that I set at the same race last year. 16 more seconds to go!

  • #17742
    Husker wrote:
    That’s awesome! I PR’ed in a 5K this weekend too! Down to 17:15 from a 17:50 that I set at the same race last year. 16 more seconds to go!

    AWESOME! I think we can do it this year! 😀

  • #17743
    Zeke wrote:
    Yeah, and your 40 second PR is even better. Way to go.

    Thanks! Someone said that the race clock was off. 😥 My watch said 22:12, and I know I hit the stop button well after the finish line, but probably not 16 seconds….. Still a PR, even if it wasn’t 40 seconds, and I’ll just go by the official time since that’s what it is. It will just push me harder in subsequent races. 😉

  • #17744

    Zeke
    Member
    Husker wrote:
    That’s awesome! I PR’ed in a 5K this weekend too! Down to 17:15 from a 17:50 that I set at the same race last year. 16 more seconds to go!

    WOW Husker, that’s awesome. Knocking off 35 seconds when you’re already running sub-5:50 pace is huge.

  • #17745

    Congrats to both of you guys. Great to see people improving.

  • #17746

    Anne
    Member

    Nice drop in time, congratulations!

    So what’s your secret?

    Did you keep track of your splits? Just wondering how you approach the shorter distance races. I always go out too fast and pay the price later.

  • #17747

    Husker
    Member
    Zeke wrote:
    WOW Husker, that’s awesome. Knocking off 35 seconds when you’re already running sub-5:50 pace is huge.

    Thanks Zeke. The big jump is mostly attributed to the fact I hadn’t raced a 5K since that same race the year before. So I had an entire year’s worth of improvement shown all at once in the 5K. I won’t wait that long before racing another 5K, now that I’ve got the itch to go sub-17:00. After Boston, my plan is to focus on shorter stuff for the rest of the season.

    Oh, and I’ve got a half marathon coming up this weekend and I plan on PR’ing in it too. I don’t feel great about this half, because I really haven’t done any specific training for it, but my half PR is so soft it should melt like butter. With a little luck, I hope 2005 can be the year of the PR for me

  • #17748
    Husker wrote:
    got a half marathon coming up this weekend and I plan on PR’ing in it too. I don’t feel great about this half, because I really haven’t done any specific training for it, but my half PR is so soft it should melt like butter. With a little luck, I hope 2005 can be the year of the PR for me

    What a coinkidink. I have a half marathon this weekend as well, and I haven’t done any specific training either. I do run 2 runs a week that are usually 10+ miles, and a 12 miler 2 weeks ago. 😯 I think we will be fine. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.