40 Seconds down, 1:56 to go, Race Report

Welcome! Forums Running Forum 40 Seconds down, 1:56 to go, Race Report

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  stealthycat 13 years ago.

• Author

Hope ya’ll don’t mind, ran a little PR yesterday, had to share. It was just a little 5K on paved trails in a park. Brought my PR down from 22:36 to 21:56. Pretty happy ’bout that. 😉

Run

Nice job, a 20 second PR in a short race is great 😀

Tim

Zeke
    Run wrote:
    Nice job, a 20 second PR in a short race is great 😀

Tim

Yeah, and your 40 second PR is even better. Way to go.

Husker

That’s awesome! I PR’ed in a 5K this weekend too! Down to 17:15 from a 17:50 that I set at the same race last year. 16 more seconds to go!

Husker wrote:
    That’s awesome! I PR’ed in a 5K this weekend too! Down to 17:15 from a 17:50 that I set at the same race last year. 16 more seconds to go!

AWESOME! I think we can do it this year! 😀

Zeke wrote:
    Yeah, and your 40 second PR is even better. Way to go.

Thanks! Someone said that the race clock was off. 😥 My watch said 22:12, and I know I hit the stop button well after the finish line, but probably not 16 seconds….. Still a PR, even if it wasn’t 40 seconds, and I’ll just go by the official time since that’s what it is. It will just push me harder in subsequent races. 😉

Zeke
    Husker wrote:

WOW Husker, that’s awesome. Knocking off 35 seconds when you’re already running sub-5:50 pace is huge.

Congrats to both of you guys. Great to see people improving.

Anne

Nice drop in time, congratulations!

So what’s your secret?

Did you keep track of your splits? Just wondering how you approach the shorter distance races. I always go out too fast and pay the price later.

Husker
    Zeke wrote:
    WOW Husker, that’s awesome. Knocking off 35 seconds when you’re already running sub-5:50 pace is huge.

Thanks Zeke. The big jump is mostly attributed to the fact I hadn’t raced a 5K since that same race the year before. So I had an entire year’s worth of improvement shown all at once in the 5K. I won’t wait that long before racing another 5K, now that I’ve got the itch to go sub-17:00. After Boston, my plan is to focus on shorter stuff for the rest of the season.

Oh, and I’ve got a half marathon coming up this weekend and I plan on PR’ing in it too. I don’t feel great about this half, because I really haven’t done any specific training for it, but my half PR is so soft it should melt like butter. With a little luck, I hope 2005 can be the year of the PR for me

Husker wrote:
    got a half marathon coming up this weekend and I plan on PR’ing in it too. I don’t feel great about this half, because I really haven’t done any specific training for it, but my half PR is so soft it should melt like butter. With a little luck, I hope 2005 can be the year of the PR for me

What a coinkidink. I have a half marathon this weekend as well, and I haven’t done any specific training either. I do run 2 runs a week that are usually 10+ miles, and a 12 miler 2 weeks ago. 😯 I think we will be fine. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.