Adidas Response Comp vs ClimaCool Rotterdam II

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Adidas Response Comp vs ClimaCool Rotterdam II

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MothAudio 13 years ago.

• Author

MothAudio

I wore the Response Comp last year and looking to replace it with something with a bit more cushioning. How do these two shoes compare? I wore the RC at the 5k-15 mile distance. This year I’m doing two marathons. Is the Rotterdam II a good marathon shoe? I’m 5’7″, 145bs, 47 and looking to BQ. I wear custom orthotics.

GTF

What about the Adistar Comp and the Supernova Comp? The Rotterdam is more of a training shoe, and another in that vein from adidas is the Adios LiteStrike. Of course, there are many other suitable models from other manufacturers, such as the Puma Heras, the asics Gel Flash, the Saucony Azura, the Reebok Premier Road Lite, the Fila Flow, et al. Without the benefit of a visual of the wear patterns on the shoes and of the gait, it is quite difficult to determine which shoe would work best — therefore, it would be best to go to a reputable local running store where staff members would be able to perform this valuable service.

MothAudio

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually I’m more concerned with finding a shoe to use in my BQ attempt this Fall. What I’m looking for is a light weight trainer with forefoot cushioning and medial support. I spoke with the Puma rep at the Columbus marathon expo and tried on the COMPLETE PHASIS. You mentioned wear pattern, with my orthotics almost all the wear is in ball of my foot continuing to the very outside of shoe. There is little wear on the toe and heel and almost zero wear on the medial side.

With the orthotics correction and my ball / heel foot strike I wonder if I even need a motion control shoe like the SupreNova Control because I’m bypassing all the MC devices with my foot strike. Is my wear pattern normal, and are the orthotics over-correctioning my over-pronation? He felt that I might benefit form the COMPLETE PHASIS- a neutral, light weight trainer. That it might be a good marathon shoe for me. Thanks.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I must be missing something. You say there is almost no wear on the medial side of your shoe, then you talk about your overpronation. If you had overpronation, the evidence of that would be excessive wear on the medial side of your shoe. If all the wear is on the outside of your shoe, then you are underpronating, also known as supinating.

Based on what you state about your shoe wear, I’d be looking for a lightweight, cushioned shoe.

Run

I have been wearing the Supernova comp in all distances up to half marathon and I plan on wearing them in my upcoming spring marathon. They are basically a lightweight trainer for people who slightly overpronate. I really like mine. Good luck.

MothAudio

I have very flat feet and w/o correction over-pronate. After 28 years of running I was fit with custom orthotics about 5 years ago. This was after I suffered my one and only serious injury [torn post-tib tendon]. I stopped training in the Nike Skylon TC’s and went into a strict motion control shoe like the Nike Durham or Adidas Cairo. Since, I’ve been able to use less corrective shoes like the SuperNova Control&Cushion>Response Cushion. Last year I ran in racing flats [Adidas Response Comp] for the 1st time in years. My condition has gradually improved though I still tape both ankles most of the time. The wear patterns on my shoes lead me to believe that perhaps I should ask my PT to take out some of the correction the next time I have my orthotics refurbished or just use a more neutral shoe. Thanks for listening.

GTF

All those that were listed are categorically lightweight training flats, except for the Adistar Comp which is a somewhat beefy neutral racing flat, and some even have medial posting to offer support against pronation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.