After Giro al Sas victory, Baldini ‘ready’ for New York

Welcome! Forums Running Forum After Giro al Sas victory, Baldini ‘ready’ for New York

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ryan 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

17 October 2006 – Trento, Italy – Two weeks ago, after a fifth place finish in the Great North Run Half Marathon, he was “very disappointed.” One week ago, after pacing for 23km in the Milano City Marathon, he was “more confident.” After winning the 60th Giro al Sas, the traditional road race held Saturday (14) night in Trento, Olympic and European Marathon champion Stefano Baldini said he is “ready” for his upcoming New York City Marathon clash.

On a loop course (10 laps) in the center of the city – along the typical walk the citizens of Trento call “Giro al Sas” – Baldini showed very good shape. “In the first laps I ran not so easily, but in the last ones I felt very good,” he said after the race. “The pace was not flat, it was a good training for what I will find in New York.” Giro al Sas was Baldini's last race before the 5 November marathon.

IAAF article

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.