Al’s Run team

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Al’s Run team

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Double 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Double

Hey, I have a friend putting a new corporate team together and I have the opportunity to join them. My inclination is to run for Hillrunner.com if the plan is to send a competitive team again. That means we need the Woody’s, Dan Marks’, Feldman, etc., etc.

I can tell you it appears two teams are gearing up for a run at the title and no one even remembers we exist. My friend has Stefonovic and is trying to get Thull, Dalton, etc. for a run against Rite Hite(?).

My loyalty is here, but I want to see if you guys are still hungry?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Let’s do this people! They are acting like they are forgetting about us? Let’s remind them in a big way!

…..what event are you recruiting for? Cant potentially help w/o knowing what in wild wild world of sports your talking about!

Jeff

I assume they’re talking about this:

http://www.teamals.org/index.htm

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Jeff

peace467

Count me in!

peace467

Count me in!

Ryan
    Keymaster

For those of you who are not in the Milwaukee area, I would suspect that this would be out of the question, although you are welcome to join the team if you would like.

http://www.alsmemorialrun.com/aspfiles/Winners.asp

Double, by the way, I would suspect that Thull will not be on a team. I asked Jeremy Burks before if he would be interested in joining Team Hillrunner.com and he said he didn’t think he could since he runs for Wisconsin Runner. If I’m not mistakened, Thull also runs for Wisconsin runner. If I am wrong and Thull does join a team, let me know and I’ll talk with Jeremy. He’s out of shape right now but his out of shape time if he would be willing to run would help nearly any team out there.

OK people, let’s hear from you already! I would love to see us put together an all-star team and make those guys remember! Let’s get them! Let’s do some recruiting! Let’s build a team that these guys can’t beat!

pski

Ski’s in, I’ll beat Woody 8)

Anonymous

Sign me up. I’ll work on being a counter this year and not just a place filler.

Linz

Woody

Woody’s in — I’ll beat Ryan 8)

Ryan
    Keymaster
    Woody wrote:
    Woody’s in — I’ll beat Ryan 8)

Woody… 🙄

If you do, I’ll treat the whole team to lunch at the Ale House. 😛

Hey, how about working on Dan and Lyons? With those two added to the team, I could see three team members with the potential to finish in the top 10. Get a couple more guys with Double and we could have all of our scorers, with an extra person or two as back ups, in the top 20. I was trying to work on a couple of ringers this past weekend but one has given up on competitive running claiming it’s addictive (come on…) and the other still has some time left in school. I still have my eyes open, though.

Double

Hillrunner.com looks solid. It appears the Briggs & Stratton team will probably not be as competitive as they like. Mainly because of past loyalties and commitments of runners. I spoke w/ Stefonovic and he said if he runs on a team it would have to be Rodiez. Though they don’t organize very well, if they made a push they could have a strong team. They have a few flyers like Kyle Moss, possibly Krolich, and Tony Rodiez is still running the mile in 4:30 in his late 40’s.

Wisconsin Runner runs under the Community banner and it’s a good thing, because obviously they have some flyers.

Rite Hite will be the biggest threat because they have possibly one element that we share and that is organization. Tupta ran 2:33 at Motorola, Dalton a 1:14 half at Motorola, Sveum is capable of 27:XX at Al’s, and they have enough connections (Mueller, Shue, etc.) to be competitive.

Hillrunner.com has it’s strength in not only organization, but past success and interhouse rivalries under the same flag. Milwaukee is a close knit running community, so many of us know, train, and compete with many of the people mentioned. Our team becomes really strong when we get “fresh blood” up from Chicago in Woody, Marks and Lyons. If we can pull even two of these guys up we have volume, or potentially more people to have good days.

Our key is getting people to toe the line. From what I know we could even possibly field two teams.

Possible competitors:

Ryan 26-27 (25-29)

Pski 29-30 (40-44)

Woody 27-28 (40-44)

Double 27-28 (40-44)

Diamond 28-29 (40-44)

Lyons 25-26 (20-24)

Earhardt 28-29 (50-54)

Marks 26-27 (40-44)

Feldman 27-28 (35-39)

Kooch 28-29 (40-44)

Cameron 29-30 (30-34)

Walz 27-28 (30-34)

and whoever I have left off, except my apologies.

That’s a pretty good pool to pull from. I’ve ran on the GTI then Hillrunner.com team for four years. In corporate we have went 5th, 1st, 1st, 1st and we could be tested this year. I’m talking major trash to everyone not on our team to inspire competition. That’s the way it should be.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I want to race against the best competition. I also want to kick their @$$es.

Here’s what I would like to see from the roster you gave:

1 sub-26, if not more

2 sub-26:30

2 sub-27 to round out the scoring

(That would give us a time of sub-2:13)

2 sub-28

1 sub-28:30

2 sub-29

2 sub-30

I won’t tell you who I am picking to finish where but I see this as a possibility. I see the real possibility of a sub-2:15 cumulative time. Think about it. For 2:15, we need our top 5 to average 27:00. I see 3 guys who should be comfortably under 27 and at least 2 more who should be in the 27:00 range. Once we get there, we can start recruiting fresh blood or crank it up ourselves and look at the Wisconsin Runner team.

Peter

And since Double thinks I’ll be in 28-29 range, I’ll be shooting for 28:00. Like Frostbite, I plan to push the final point scorers and maybe get 5th. But I plan to be in better racing shape at that time.

Peter

pski

Hey for all you eyeing the top 5 spots on our team, one of you lady’s may need to adjust as the monster, Jamie Walz is BACK in full training already 50-65 miles per week, looking lean at 195 and wants too destroy AL’s. This guy ran a 27:05 5 miler in FonduLac in the past, untapered in 25-30 mile per hour winds. It will be potentially scary to see this guy get riled up. Be careful down the stretch too, he’ll puke on you, then run you over 😀 PSKI

Peter

My kind of guy 😆 Definitely one you want on YOUR side!

Ryan
    Keymaster

As I’m reading over this thread, I realize that we have another local runner visiting this very forum who isn’t exactly slow. Hey ferris, want to join in on the fun?

I did say I was going to be working on doing some recruiting, right? Might as well start right at home. Ferris, I don’t mean to put you on the spot. If you don’t want to, no questions asked, I’m sure we’re all fine with it. However, it is a lot of fun.

ferris

ahhh yes……I was trying to figure out how to put this, but your invite helps out a lot. Ya, I would consider myself as “not to slow”, actually, I have been training well enough lately that I may even be considered “fast-ish”

the only problem is, Paddy’s Pub sponsors me and about 6 of my buds, but the chances of all of us getting together for a team race are slim….because most of those guys have gone Tri-Geek on me. I know Krolick, who is on the Paddy’s team, would do it, but he’s not super fit, yet still talented enough to be solid. Benny Smith is also on the team, but he, and Dom Newman are all Tri-Geek now so they may have other races. Jacob Hallen is also around and runs with us here and there…he ran at St.Thomas when I was at LaX, if he is healthy, yet another IF, he may be up for it.

so, what am I saying?……well, not to sound like a pompus a-hole, but if the Paddy’s team doesnt come together, and I doubt it will, count me in. I just don’t want you guys to feel like my back up or “sloppy seconds” 😉

Just let me wear the Paddys jersey? They just want the advertising, and I like the free Guiness!

I used to run for Pete (WI Runner) but I doubt he needs a guy like me anymore, can’t blame him, he has a ton of studs, and they are in separate division anyway.

I’m always up for some good ol fashioned running brawls….bring em on!

Ryan
    Keymaster

That’s cool, your sponsorship comes first. I don’t think it’s in the budget for me to outbid your sponsor. If that team does fall through, though, you’re welcome to join the team, as is Krolick. I remember that punk from back in the day. If you do end up with Team Hillrunner.com, you’re free to wear whatever singlet you’d like. We don’t have any official team singlets yet and, if we did get them, I don’t think I’d require anyone to wear them. If you don’t end up on Team Hillrunner.com, well, I hope you don’t mind second place. 😉

ferris

you must be broke if you can’t outbid my sponsor which consits of a jersey and a free pint of Guiness here and there!!

but, according to my Celtic family, Guiness is better than cash anyway!

as for second place….any team I am on will WIN!!! 🙂

man, if myself, Krolick ( that punk!), Hallen, Dom and Benny were all fit, we’d be tuff to beat………..but there is another IF!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.