Another PR!

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Another PR!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Run 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Run

A little colder than expected after this weeks highs, and a little windy too, but a big  5K PR none the less.

I went through the first mile a little slower than planned, 5:40, but that felt right for today.  The second mile, a lot of which was into the wind along the beachfront, 5:46.  After the first mile or so I was solo, nobody to draft on, so I had to push alone.  The last 1.1 was 6:05, which is about 5:32 pace, which means my last mile was probably my fastest.  I felt strong at the finish, 17:31, about 65sec fastest than my previous best.  Overall average pace was 5:39, good for 5th overall and first in my age group. 

Looking back, I think I left too much for the last mile, I probably could have pushed earlier in the race and came in a little faster.  Im still working out my strategy for the 5k, plus I know I run better with someone right in front of me or right behind me, today I was in no mans land again.  But Im really happy with the performance, looking to the summer to drop the 5k time a little more.

Tim

Ryan
    Keymaster

Another incredible improvement and more improvements when you get better conditions will be coming. You continue to amaze and inspire. Good job.

snowski12000

Outstanding job, what more can I say. Keep it going, the weather is only going to get better and I'm sure this will be to your advantage. Ski

cameron

that's awesome tim.  PRing in a 5K this time of the year is tough.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.