Any interest in this race?

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Any interest in this race?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Ed 1

St. Patrick’s 5K and 10K Walk/Run in Lake of the Isles, Minneapolis? This would probably be good timing for a tune up for a Spring Marathon. If we could put together a carpool of some sort it would be worth it. The race is in mid March likely Sunday the 13th. Zeke – is this good timing for a pace tune-up for Green Bay?

Zeke

I don’t know anything about that race. The Human Race (see link) is the best race around the Twin Cities in that timeframe. This year’s race is Sunday 3/20/05. Last year a 30:00 8k would have placed you around 125th.

http://www.tslevents.com/exec/tslevents/human.cfm?publicationID=41

Anne

Ed, there’s the Point Bock 5 mile March 5th in Stevens Point. Not as long as the 10K your may be looking for it draws a good crowd. Flat out & back course. Since it’s one of the first spring races it attracts people from all over the state.

If you don’t like Point beer they also serve root beer afterwards.

Ed 1

Zeke – that race is 2 months out from my Spring mary, almost to the day. I am willing to bet that that would be a good time to get a pace check in so that you can make some adjustments to my training paces.

All – is there any interest in this race instead. I do not think that the gas costs will be worth it unless we get 4 or so people together to share the burden. Can we put something together on this race?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.