Bush ignores Jamaica’s request for aid, asks for athletic help instead

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Bush ignores Jamaica’s request for aid, asks for athletic help instead

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GTF 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

GTF

Jamaica's Prime Minister said yesterday that George W. Bush, pictured, shrugged off his recent request for aid to the country, asking instead how the Caribbean island could help the United States churn out more Olympic champions. “When I met with U. S. President George W. Bush last week at the United Nations, the first thing that he said to me was, 'What a powerful performance by your athletes in Beijing,' ” Bruce Golding said. “When I wanted him to assist Jamaica, he was only interested in asking how Jamaica could assist the U. S. with its athletic program.”

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays_paper/story.html?id=859572
    Only Dubya could generate stories fit for The Onion.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Nice to know where the priorities of this country's leader lie. Also nice to see that that country's leader was using this story not to show how difficult it is to get the help his country needs but to show his pride for his country's athletes. Another example of priorities.

r-at-work

maybe Dubya should have arranged a 'lend-lease' program…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.