Chicago & What will the weather be

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Chicago & What will the weather be

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blackdog 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

blackdog

Hi all,
    I am sitting in downtown Chicago trying to figure out just what I may have to wear Sunday,
    I thought for sure it would be sunny and cool.
    Now they are talking, 40 and rainy.
    Do you wear tights? I just don't want cold legs but sure don't want to warm. Hmmmm

At least I can now opt for capri tights.  ;D

Karen

Ryan
    Keymaster

Personally, I'd go with shorts. The legs usually keep themselves warm if you keep your core warm and I wouldn't want to haul around wet tights for a whole race. Of course, as with the winter gear topic, it's a personal call because everyone needs something different. I ran without a shirt last year and was about the only topless guy in the race while other people were wearing long sleeves and gloves.

I wish the best for those of you running in Chicago tomorrow. I ran a 5k today and it started raining pretty steady just minutes before the start of the race after just a light drizzle after that. If it weren't for the rain, it would have actually been pretty ideal conditions. Here's hoping you get those ideal conditions and it stays dry.

blackdog

Thanks Ryan.
    I keep thinking geez I am from Wisconsin and have jumped in Lake Superior when the air temp is 45 degrees!

I will go with shorts. I just can't imagine doing a marathon in tights.

I am a little overwhelmed by how huge this is. How great running is that anyone can “compete” with world class athletes.

Now back to watching the weather channel. 😉

Karen

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.