Choose the top two women for the 2010 ING NYC Marathon

Welcome! Forums Running Forum Choose the top two women for the 2010 ING NYC Marathon

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew A. 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Andrew A.

[color=rgb(53, 93, 128)]http://www.runwashington.com/news/2920/314/Past-Champions-Return-European-Olympians-Strengthen-ING-New-York-City-Marathon-Elite-Field.htm[/color]

If you feel confident enough, call the finishing order, winning time, top American.

Some other predictions: [color=rgb(53, 93, 128)]http://wpblogs.runningtimes.com/blogs/talktest/?p=858[/color]

Andrew A.

Playing it safe here, too, with Tulu over Petrova.  No idea on time, not exactly relevant.  Flanagan for top American, it will be interesting to see how her debut goes.  Schumacher has three debutantes in this race (Flanagan + Bairu and Nelson) and he really has no success in coaching marathoners to speak of — there should be some good evidence to go by after this race.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I want to pick a dark horse. It's boring to pick the favorites. My problem is that I can't see a dark horse who I could pick with any level of confidence. I almost chose Perez just to spice things up but couldn't do it. Tulu/Petrova, in that order.

I'm going to be very fascinated in how Schumacher's crew does. He hasn't had success yet coaching marathoners but how much of that is because his athletes have stayed on the track to this point? Has he coached anyone who has attempted a marathon yet? Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone, though I could very well be forgetting someone.

Andrew A.

Rohatinsky, twice a DNF.

cesar
    Participant

Rohatinsky ran 2:15:XX in the Olympic trials and has run 2:14:20s in NY.

Andrew A.

Those performances were from when he was with Salazar, not Schumacher.

cesar
    Participant

Oh ok thx. Believed that he had the same coach.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Ahh, that's right. He did join with Schumacher. For some reason, I was still placing him with Salazar. I would say one runner's results do not determine the validity of a training method. Hopefully, Schumacher's 3 NYCM runners will have different results.

Andrew A.

Perhaps not (though JBS was good validation for Sevene, Bizzarri is good validation for Rasmussen, Elliott was good validation for Cerutty, Schul was good validation for Iglói, etc.) yet there is nothing else to go by for Schumacher in the marathon — until next Sunday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.