Forum software upgrade

Welcome! Forums Non-Running Forum Forum software upgrade

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ryan 13 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Recently, I have been made aware of some security issues with the forum software that the Hillrunner.com Forums are running on. I am not aware of anything that could be used by hackers to gather your personal information but the forums and even the rest of the website could be vulnerable if a hacker found his or her way over here. Because of that, it was important to act in order to ensure the security of the site.

After researching the issue, I discovered that updating the software the forums run on would take care of all known security issues. I did some research on updating the software and discovered that it would take a matter of a couple of minutes to make the change. Due to the severity of one of the security issues, I decided that this was important enough to not wait.

This evening, I updated the forum software. I do not believe you should see any changes in the forums. If you do, please let me know and I will look into it. If anyone came in this evening and saw a strange error message that didn’t make sense to them, I’m sorry, you caught the transition.

If something on these forums does not seem right, please let me know and I will look into it as soon as possible. I’m sorry for throwing all of this at you with no notice but the severity of one of the vulnerabilities required prompt action.

This post will be moved to the non-running forum later this week. I want it here for a while so everyone can see it and know what’s going on.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.